FAQs and Troubleshooting Your Reward
- When can I expect my reward?
- I got an email from dscout saying my payment failed. Help!
- It’s past my pay date and I haven’t received my payment yet. What’s going on?
- You sent me a payment that isn’t in my currency. Is there anything else I need to do?
- Does my dscout email address have to be the same as my PayPal email address?
- How do I link my PayPal account and dscout account?
When can I expect my reward?
This depends on when you received your payment message. We typically tell you the exact pay date in this message, but we send most rewards exactly one day after messaging our scouts about payment. Your reward should arrive by end of day (5 PM Central Time) on your expected pay date. For more information about payment timelines, please check out this article.
Mission payout failed
If you received the following email from dscout, it means that we tried paying you, but something went wrong and the payment didn’t go through. Here are all the possible reasons why:
|Potential Issue||Potential Solution|
|Your PayPal account is locked or inactive||Log into PayPal to reactivate your account or contact PayPal directly|
|Your email address (linked to dscout) isn't registered with PayPal|| Create a PayPal account
Add your dscout email address to your main PayPal account as an alias
|You need to finish setting up your PayPal account||Finish verifying your account by completing your to-do list in PayPal.|
|The reward is in a different currency than your default currency|| Log into your PayPal account and accept the money in your default currency.
If you have any questions, please reference the rest of the articles in our payment section or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more support.
Past expected pay date
If it’s past the expected pay date and you haven’t received a PayPal email notification, please try the following things to troubleshoot your reward:
- Double check your PayPal account activity to see if you received your reward.
- If your PayPal account shows no payment activity by your specified pay date, search your email inbox and spam folders for an email from both PayPal and email@example.com. There may be a chance that you need to update your PayPal account.
If this doesn’t solve your issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more support.
How do I receiving a reward that isn’t in your default currency
When this happens, PayPal adds an extra layer of security before you can claim your reward. All you have to do is the following:
- Log into your PayPal account
- Click on PayPal balance while on your Summary page
- Click + Add a currency
- Select and add United States Dollar (USD)
Read more here.
Does my dscout email address have to be the same as my PayPal email address?
The answer is no! If your emails are different, you can easily add your dscout account as an alias. Look here for more information.
Linking your dscout and PayPal accounts
If your dscout email address and your PayPal email address are the same, then you’re all set to receive payment!
If your dscout email address is different from your PayPal email address, you’ll need to add your dscout email address as an alias in your PayPal account. Learn how to do that here.