After each session occurs, the system needs time to process the session and package everything up for you! When the session recording is ready, you will be able to access and analyze the recording along with a transcript on the Sessions page.
Viewing your session
Below are a list of key features available within each completed session:
- The transcript will highlight words as the video plays. You can jump to a specific point in the video by clicking directly on a word in the transcript once.
- The transcript is automatically generated and comes with some visibility options:
- Control which speakers’ text to display. To hide a specific speakers transcript, simply uncheck the box next to that speaker’s name at the top of the page.
- Control the ability to auto-scroll the transcript as the video plays.
You may edit the transcript by selecting a word and selecting the pencil icon.
- You can also create new clips from the transcript by selecting text from the transcript. The selection of the text will denote the start/end time of the clips. Once the text has been selected, select the clip option (star icon) to create a clip.
- See all of the clips created during the call under the “Clips” tab and see them on the timeline. Additionally, you can see clips created by other team members in this view.
- New clips can be added even after the Live call has been completed. New clips can be added in two ways: 1) By using the “Create Clip” button over-layed in the video, similar to the in-call experience. Researchers can seamlessly use this button to create a new clip while watching the session recording. 2) By selecting text from the transcript. The selection of the text will denote the start/end time of the clip. Once the text has been selected, select the clip option (star icon) to create a clip.
- In this view, you can customize clips with unique names making important moments easier to identify.
- Clips can be easily adjusted in this view. You can either manually input a new start and end time when viewing clips, or you can simply click and drag clips on the timeline to adjust where they start or end. You can lengthen or shorten clip durations by dragging the right end.
- Don't want to see your clips? You can hide/show events + clips on the timeline by selecting the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the timeline.
By navigating to the notes tab, you are able to view all notes created during the call. You will be able to create additional notes at any point after a session is completed and see notes left by other team members too. At any point, you can also edit and delete notes you have created.
The timeline below the video allows you to jump across the video, speed up playback and control the events you can see. You can choose to hide or show screenshare events or clips.
Exporting your session
After a session is complete, you will be able to export the session recording in a mp4 format.
Simply click on the blue export icon near the interview header. Then, select the download button next to the stream you would like to access.
Currently, you can download the scout's face recording with audio and then download each screen capture separately.
You'll also have the ability to generate and export the transcript as a .tsv, and any notes you took as a .csv.
You can also export clips and screenshares from the Sessions page.