Media Limits in Express Beta
Please note: this article is only applicable to users participating in dscout's February 2023 Express Beta program. For information regarding media limits in our broadly available Express Missions, click here!
The dscout platform offers a robust suite of media question types to use in screeners, Express missions, and Diary parts:
- Photo questions that ask scouts to snap a quick picture or upload a screenshot
- Video questions where scouts submit:
- A selfie or forward-facing video using their native camera
- A screen recording of what they do on a particular device, app, or website while they think aloud
In Express Beta, media limits are:
- Participants can submit unlimited photo responses
- Participants can submit up to 3 video responses
- Videos (selfie, outward facing, or screen recording) can be a max of 2 minutes each
If you have surpassed the media limitations, you will see the following pop-up and will need to remove the excess media prompts prior to submitting your mission for review or to launch.
Pro tip! Media limits enforce the number of photos/videos a scout can submit, but does not dictate the total number of media prompts you can include in your Express mission.
Use skip logic to split scouts into multiple tracks of questions – each of which can have a unique set of video & photo questions.
In the example above, Scouts A & B get skipped to different video prompts depending on their response to the multiple choice question. Since each scout only submits one video in the course of completing their mission, this research design still fits within dscout’s media limits.