Live Pre-Test Troubleshooting
The Live Pre-Test (found when you pull up your dscout Live desktop session link) ensures that your system is equipped and ready for a Live call. In the event you encounter issues while trying to pass your pre-test, we've included troubleshooting for all of the system checks below:
Google Chrome is the only browser that is compatible with dscout Live, so you'll need to install it in order to have your video conversation.
- If you've downloaded Google Chrome, be sure to open your session link/pre-test in a Chrome browser. Otherwise, you'll continue to see the Chrome pre-test error.
Download the latest version of the Google Chrome browser here.
Live is a video research tool, so you'll need a laptop/desktop with a working camera and microphone in order to complete a Live desktop session.
- For general camera, microphone, and sound/headphone troubleshooting, click here.
- See how to grant audio & video permissions here.
Bandwidth is how we test the strength of your internet connection! You'll need a strong internet connection in order to complete a Live session, which is why it's important to test using the wifi network you will use for your session. Here are some recommendations for improving your internet connection:
- Close out of all other programs and browsing sessions on your computer
- Move closer to your router
- Connect to your internet via ethernet cable
If you’re using an antivirus or firewall software, you'll need to ensure Chrome and dscout are trusted/allowed by these programs.
- See how to troubleshoot firewall issues here.