When you first download the dscout mobile app, your notifications should already be enabled. If you want to change your notification settings, however, you can do so by accessing your mobile device's native Settings app. Read more below.
Enabling push notifications on Android devices
Since not all Android devices are the same, the following steps are a generalized approach to managing dscout in-app notifications on your mobile device:
- Tap on your mobile device’s native Settings app.
- Find Apps & Notifications (please note: the name of this section might not be the same for every Android device, but it’ll be similar).
- Find the dscout mobile app and tap on it.
- There should be a section called Notifications within the app settings. Once found, tap on it.
- Tap allow for all the fields you want notifications for within the dscout mobile app. Please note that the notification options will only be available for devices operating on Android 8 or above.
Notification option definitions
|General||Enabling notifications for General will send you a push notification every time a new mission is available for you to apply to. In addition, it'll also send you a notification when a new part is open and when you've been invited to a new mission.|
|New Message||Enabling notifications for New Message will send you a notification every time your mission leader sends you a message in the app.|
|Payments||Enabling notifications for Payments will send you a notification every time you receive a reward from dscout.|
|Services||Enabling notifications for Services will surface notifications for our services that need to run in the background.|
Enabling push notifications on iOS devices
When you download the dscout app, you'll be prompted to enable Notifications and Location Services. If you didn't enable notifications at this point, you may be prompted again when using the app, at which point you can click Allow to enable notifications. See the screen below.
Furthermore, you can also update push notification permissions by accessing your phone's native Settings app. To do so, follow the directions below:
- Click on your iPhone’s native Settings app.
- Scroll down until you reach the Apps section.
- Find and tap on dscout.
- Click on the Notifications tab.
- You can update what permissions you want to give dscout for Notifications here. Check out the screens below.