Updating your Scout profile
When you first apply to a mission or begin a mission that requires a completed profile, you’ll be prompted to first fill out your profile. The following fields are mandatory: profile picture, first name, last name, birthday, email, phone number, location, and ethnicity (U.S. scouts only).
We understand that identity isn't static, so you'll have the ability to self-identify your gender, provide your pronouns (including a "tap to type" option if you don't see yours included), and select multiple ethnicities (if applicable). You'll also have the option to edit these fields whenever you'd like.
For instructions on updating your profile, find the option below that best describes your device:
Updating your profile on Android mobile devices
- Tap on the Triple Horizontal Lines icon ☰ on the top-top left corner of your screen.
- Tap View Profile and tap on the Pencil icon on the top right corner of your screen. This will allow you to edit your profile.
- Edit existing fields or answer the additional questions related to your profile here.
- To update your profile picture, simply tap on the Camera icon on the bottom-right corner of your profile picture to take a new picture or select one from your photo gallery
- When you’re finished, click on the Checkmark icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
Updating your profile on iOS mobile devices
- Tap on the Profile icon in the bottom right corner when you’re signed into the dscout mobile app.
- Tap on any of the fields to add or edit your information; tap save when you're done with each section.
- To update your profile picture, simply tap on your existing profile picture to access your camera or photo gallery.
Updating your profile on the web
- Log into your account at https://app.dscout.com/scouts/sign_in.
- Once logged in, click on your Profile photo in the top-right corner of your screen’s navigation bar (if you don’t have a profile picture uploaded, you’ll see your initials in a blue circle instead).
- Click on the Profile button in the dropdown list in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Once on the Profile page, navigate to the field(s) you want to update.
- Click the Add icon (for empty fields) or Edit icon (for fields that already have a value) on the desired profile field. Once you make changes, click the “Save” button in the modal.