Password and login issues
Read more below to learn more about updating your password and troubleshooting log in issues
- Updating your password via your Profile tab
- Resetting your password when you're locked out
- Account is locked
- I haven't received a password reset email
- Sign up error: "Account already exists"
Updating your password
If you’re logged into your account on the dscout mobile app, updating your password is simple. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Access your profile by tapping on the Profile section of your app.
- Tap on Update Password.
- Update your password here. Please note that your new password must be between 12-32 characters long and include at least one letter, one number, and one special character.
Forgot your password?
If you’re not logged in and have forgotten your password, follow these steps to reset your password:
- Navigate to the Sign In screen of your app.
- Tap on the Forgot Password? link and enter your email.
- Hit Submit to send yourself a password reset link. It may take a few moments for the email to arrive in your email. Please make sure you also check your spam folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [dscout] Reset password instructions.
- Once you’ve opened the email, tap on the Change my password button.
- Update your password here and tap the Change my password button to save. Please note that your new password must be between 12-32 characters long and include at least one letter, one number, and one special character.
Unlocking your account
If you’ve tried one too many times to log into your account unsuccessfully, we'll let you know if you have one more attempt before your account is locked. If we do lock your account, we'll send you an email with instructions on how to unlock it. To unlock your account, follow the steps below:
- Search your inbox for an email from email@example.com with the subject [dscout] Unlock Instructions.
- Once you've found it and opened the email, click on the Unlock my account button.
- As soon as you click on the Unlock my account button, you'll be brought back to the log-in screen and your account will be unlocked.
- Reset your password by clicking on the Forgot your password? link (see instructions above).
I haven't received a password reset email
There are a few reasons you might not receive a password reset email. Try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
- Double check the email you're sending a password reset to. If you've mistyped the email address or gave us an email that isn't associated with a dscout account, you won't receive an email.
- Check your spam folder. The email we sent may. have been caught by your spam filter!
- Allow list firstname.lastname@example.org. If you entered the correct email and the message isn't in your spam folder, you may need to allow list our dscout email alias (email@example.com). Some email clients refer to this as "whitelisting" or a "safe sender" you should be able to accomplish this via your email account settings.
"Account already exists" error when signing up
If you get an error that says your email is already in use when signing up, it means you've either been invited to a mission under that email already, or you've previously signed up for an account using that address.
If you were just invited to a mission, use the "claim your spot" button in the email invitation you received to complete your account setup.
If you haven't been invited to a mission yet, use the "forgot password" instructions listed above.