Web screeners allow you to recruit and screen scouts directly on the web. You can send scouts a link directly to Web Screeners; new scouts can access Web Screeners via the screener webpage.
Use Web Screeners for hard recruits or internal recruits where scouts are less likely to download the dscout app -- meet your scouts where they are.
1. Create in the builder
Make sure the “public webpage” option on the screener’s Setup page is toggled on. After your screener is launched, both your screener splash page link and the web screener link will be generated (they won’t be visible in draft mode).
2. Send to participants
Web screeners are accessible to Scouts through the screener webpage, which can be copied and sent to your users or participants as needed.
New Scouts will be directed to an account set up page when they click “Apply now” on the screener landing page. Users with existing accounts will see a "sign in" option below the sign up fields.
3. Web Screener Flow
The Web Screener flow is fully mobile responsive and can be used on all device types and browsers. New Scouts are first directed to account creation and all current Scouts (who have never logged into the app) are transitioned directly to the Screener questions if they qualify.
- New Scouts are directed to sign up for an account and are required to agree to GDPR-compliant scout terms and conditions.
- After agreeing to terms, Scouts are directed through a few questions to set up their profile. They will fill out gender, birthday, and location in addition to setting a profile picture.
- All question types except for Screen Recording questions are available for use through Web Screeners. Scouts will get an error message if they try to apply to a Screener that includes a Screen Recording Question.
- Scouts can take a photo or record a video natively within the browser itself.
- Note: Desktop users can record videos and take photos in Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari. Desktop users on Safari will instead be prompted to upload media. This is a universal tech constraint.
- All extended profile questions can be used and they will be saved to the Scout’s profile upon submission.
4. View applications
Applications will be available in the Applications page of your Screener per usual. If the screener was completed on the web, then their Device OS will say “Web” and there will also be details about the browser they used. Read more about reviewing applications here!