Diary mission question types
You can ask scouts as many questions as you'd like, spread over up to 10 parts, in a Diary mission!
Give scouts a breather or additional context without asking a question.
Ask scouts for up to 1 photo and 1 video per entry to a mission part.
- Video (30, 60, or 120 seconds)
- Mixed media: Allow scouts to choose whether they'd like to share a photo or video.
- Screen recording: Ask scouts to record their phone's screen for up to 2 minutes. (Screen recording questions count as a video question).
Ask scouts for an open-ended response.
- 140 characters: Limit scouts to 140 characters for their response.
- No limit: Do not apply a character limit to the question response.
Extra for experts: apply the "Headline" marker to a 140-character question, to give each entry a title! This changes the entry title from the date + time the entry was submitted, to the scout's response!
- Single select: Limit scouts to 1 answer option.
- Multiple select: Allow scouts to select multiple answer options.
Randomize choices: use this to present multiple choice answer options in a random order to scouts.
"Other (Tap to Type)": use this to provide a write-in response option. Note that this option will always be anchored at the bottom of the list even when randomization is used.
"None of the Above": use this to allow scouts to select "None of the Above." It will be excluded from randomization and cannot be chosen in combination with other response options.
Ask scouts to provide a number. (Be sure to specify the unit in your question prompt).
Provide scouts with a numerical scale for ratings. Scale questions allow you to specify a scale as large as 0-100.