Understanding your company dscout account
dscout allows for four different levels of user roles/permissions to help you control who has access to your dscout account and projects within it.
Adding users + account roles
To give other team members access to your company's dscout account and assign those team members appropriate permissions, the Account Owner, admins, or researchers must navigate to the profile menu at the top right of the dashboard and click "Account" > "Users" > "Add a researcher."
Read more below to learn about each of the access/seat types:
- Viewer: has not been granted a seat on the account but has permission to view specific project(s), cannot create or edit missions or screeners independently or contact scouts.
- Researcher: has access to projects they're added to, and can create and edit new projects, missions, and screeners. Researchers can add a credit card for billing purposes, and can add viewers or other researchers to the account.
- Account Owner (only one per account): has access to all projects, permissions and billing information. By default, Owners receive all notifications related to launches and low balances. Owners can create and launch research.
- Admin: has access to all projects, permissions, and billing information, and receives all notifications related to launches and low balances. Admins can view and comment on research projects, but cannot create or launch research.
- Contributor: has access to projects they're added to, and can create and edit new projects but only run research in Express and Live. Contributors have viewer access to Diary and screeners and are able to leave comments and notes. They do not have access to the account management area.
Not seeing Admins or Contributors? Talk to your dscout account manager.
Note: This section refers to current Roles and Permissions functionality. Most customers have been upgraded to this version of Roles and Permissions. If your account looks different, learn more in Legacy roles and permissions.
Adding collaborators to a project
On the project page, use the Add Collaborators button (the blue oval with a plus sign next to "Add Collaborators") to add or remove teammates to/from the project. Please note: the "Add Collaborators" button is not visible to Viewers.
After tapping the Add Collaborators button, a menu will appear with the ability to add a collaborator:
- If your colleague has a dscout account: type in their name, then tap "Select user." Doing so will send your colleague an email notifying them that they've been added to the project along with the project link.
- If your colleague does not have a dscout account: type in their email address, then tap "Select user." Doing so will send your colleague an email notifying them that they've been added to the project; they will also receive a link in the same email to finish creating their dscout account. (Note: collaborators who do not have a dscout account before being added to your project are added as Viewers by default.)
You'll also be able to change each collaborator's notification settings, indicate a project lead, and copy a link to the project to send to each collaborator.
- Change notification settings: Per person on the project, you're able to toggle whether or not they receive email notifications when a message is sent within the project.
- Indicate a project lead: Select the person who is managing this dscout project, to give other teammates a point of contact should they have questions about the project.
- Project link: When you add a teammate to a project, they'll receive an email inviting them to check it out! Send them this link if they have trouble finding that email, or if you're impatient and don't want to wait for them to check their email ;)
The Add Collaborators dialogue will not allow you to change collaborators' account roles. Use the Account page to change account roles.
Legacy roles and permissions
If your access looks different from the roles and permissions above, read more below to learn about each of the access/seat types for legacy accounts:
- Account Viewer: has not been granted a seat on the account but has permission to view specific project(s), cannot create or edit missions or screeners independently or contact scouts.
- Account Member: has member access to projects they're added to, and can create and edit new projects, missions, and screeners. Members may add viewers to projects, but not members to the account. Members cannot add credit cards to the account.
- Account Manager: has member access to projects they're added to, permissions, and can add a credit card for billing purposes. Managers may add members to the account.
- Account Owner: has access to all projects, permissions and billing information (only one per account).