dscout + Slack integration
dscout is integrated with Slack, the productivity chat application. If you and your team use Slack, you can:
- Receive instant updates about activity in your dscout account
- Share media from dscout projects to public Slack channels
Tap the links below to learn more!
- Enabling the Slack integration
- Receiving account updates
- Sharing media to Slack
- Disabling the Slack integration
Enabling the Slack integration
To access the Account page, click "Account" in your profile dropdown, located in the top right corner of your screen.
Alternatively, from your dscout home page, click the "Account Management" button to the right of the search bar.
On the Account page, go to the “Integrations” tab, then click “Add Workspace” to set up your Slack workspace.
In the authorization pop-up, review the integration permissions, then click “Authorize.”
Note: If the account manager or owner who originally authorized the Slack integration is removed from your dscout account or your Slack workspace, the integration will need to be re-enabled by another active account manager or owner.
Receiving account updates
After adding your Slack workspace, you can select a public Slack channel to receive instant updates about activity in your dscout account. Simply choose the specific events for which you’d like to receive notifications.
Sharing media to Slack
In-context examples help teams to build consensus and make informed decisions. If your dscout account has the Slack integration enabled, you and your team can send media from dscout projects directly to public channels in your Slack workspace using public share links.
Specifically, you can share:
- Videos and photos in Recruit applications
- Videos and photos in Diary entries
- Clips in Live sessions
To share media to Slack:
- Click the “Share” button on the desired media in dscout
- In the public share link settings modal, click “Generate public share link”
- Add a link title, require an access code, or set a link expiration date if desired
- Expand the “Share it on Slack” option to select a Slack channel and write an optional note
- Click “Share to Slack” to post the media (accessed via public share link) to your desired channel
Note: All members, managers, and owners on your dscout account will be able to share project content to public Slack channels, even if they are not part of your Slack workspace.
Disabling the Slack integration
dscout account managers or owners can disable the Slack integration on the dscout Account page.
To access the Account page, click "Account" in your profile dropdown, located in the top right corner of your screen. Alternatively, from the dscout home page, click the "Account Management" button to the right of the search bar.
On the Account page, go to the “Integrations” tab to remove your Slack workspace. Click “Remove Workspace.”