When to use Express missions
Express is our lightweight, easy-to-launch research tool that offers faster options for quick inquiries & pulse checks across a large segment of scouts. With Express missions, you have the ability to get decision-shaping data in as few as 24 hours!
What are Express missions good for?
- Capturing a quick inventory or explanation of an experience
- Gaining one-off feedback on an existing or future product
- Cataloging a large amount of in-context photos
Example use cases:
- Could your stakeholder presentation benefit from a highlight reel of five emotive and articulate video testimonials from users?
- Could a collection of 100 photos of scouts’ workstations (or whatever the environmental stimulus of interest may be) jump-start your product brainstorming session?
- Could you use a word cloud of the emotions that scouts report feeling about their favorite social media platform to build out your in-depth interview guide?
- Could you use a quick gut check on two low-fidelity concepts before your team decides which route to take?
What is an Express mission?
- Express missions contain up to 20 questions, including up to 1 photo prompt and 1 video prompt.
- Express missions are a quant/qual blend that allows you to get high-quality qualitative data at scale.
- Express missions have a built-in machine learning algorithm that looks at answer quality and expressiveness to find the right people for your study.
- Express missions have an automated payment system which leaves more time for you to focus on turning analysis into action. Express missions pay $0.50 to $5 per scout entry.
Express mission best practices:
- Start your Express mission with Knockout questions: Scouts are paid immediately upon completion in an EM, so it is important to include at least 3-5 knockout questions at the beginning to avoid low-quality data. These questions are where you can narrow down the scout pool to collect responses from scouts you want to hear from. Follow these knockout questions with your data collection questions.
- Make analysis a breeze by including closed-ended questions: Closed-end questions, single-select, multi-select, ranking, etc. will all make the analysis of your mission much easier. Closed-end questions can be used to filter the data, and the platform automatically creates charts based on scout responses to closed-end questions.
- Add richness to your closed-end data with open-ended questions as well as a photo and video prompt: Express missions can contain up to 1 video and 1 photo prompt, as well as up to 3 open ends. These prompts will add qualitative and visual color to your closed-end survey findings and help you to illustrate the themes that surfaced in your study.
Ready to get going? Check out our article on how to set up your Express mission!