How to grant camera and microphone permissions for desktop Diary parts
Granting camera and microphone permissions
When you start a desktop part of a Diary mission, dscout will run you through your web setup, which includes granting camera and microphone permissions. Check out the steps below:
- To start a desktop part of a Diary mission, you’ll email yourself a magic link from the dscout mobile app. You’ll receive this email from email@example.com with Your magic link for Part ‘...’ of the ‘...’ Diary mission in the subject.
- Access this email and open the magic link in Chrome. The magic link expires in 24 hours and can only be used once. If you are having issues with receiving the magic link, please double check your email address in your dscout profile on the mobile app for any typos or spelling errors.
- The magic link automatically authenticates you, so you won’t need to sign in again on desktop. If you see a message that your magic link has expired, you’ll need to navigate to the mission in the dscout mobile app and send yourself a new magic link.
- If you do not yet have the Google Chrome Diary extension installed, you will be prompted to install the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, click the Next button on the bottom of your screen to continue.
- A dialogue box will automatically pop up asking you to give dscout Diary permission to use your Microphone and Camera. Click Allow. See below. If the permission request dialog box does not automatically appear, you can read more about troubleshooting Chrome browser permissions issues here.
- On the bottom of your screen, click the Complete Setup button to proceed to your mission.
Note: We are only able to ask for Chrome browser level permissions as you go through the extension installation. If you have taken these steps and are still experiencing issues with capturing videos, photos or screen recordings, you may need to take additional steps to grant operating system level permissions to Chrome. Read more about troubleshooting permissions issues.