When you first log into dscout, you'll find yourself on your new dscout homepage! Here's a quick tour of everything you'll see on that page.
- In the top left corner, you'll see your account name (that's "Subscription Account" in the above screenshot). Click the dropdown to navigate between any other accounts you might have access to.
- Under Home, on the left-hand side, you'll be able to create a new project.
- The search bar in the center of the page will allow you to search within all projects you have access to. It will search project, mission, and screener names for keywords you enter.
- On the righthand side, you'll see your company Account Owner (that'll be the person at your company who is in charge of your dscout account), as well as your dscout Research Advisor. You'll then see links to our Knowledge Base (that's where you are right now!) and to our live help chat.
Viewing your project list
Under the search bar, you'll see four tabs.
This shows all projects within the account that you have access to, excluding projects marked Completed.
This view shows all projects within that account that you have created.
Shared with me
This view shows projects that you have been given access to.
This view shows all projects you have marked "Complete." Think of completion as archival: These are projects that are, well, complete! You no longer need these projects to remain active, and will just need access to the data.
To complete a project, you'll click on the box icon to the right of the project's name.
Viewing individual projects
Under the Project type tabs, you'll see individual projects that you have access to.
On an individual project card, you'll be able to "Complete" the project, add and view collaborators, or click into the project page.
Use the "Add Collaborators" button (the blue circle with a plus sign in it) to add or remove teammates to/from the project, and to view current collaborators and their roles. You'll also be able to change each collaborator's notification settings, indicate a project lead, and copy a link to the project to send to each collaborator.
- Change notification settings: Per person on the project, you're able to toggle whether or not they receive email notifications when a message is sent in the project.
- Indicate a project lead: Select the person who is managing this dscout project, to give other teammates a point of contact should they have questions about the project.
- Project link: When you add a teammate to a project, they'll receive an email inviting them to check it out! Send them this link if they have trouble finding that email (or if you're impatient and don't want to wait for them to check their email).
The Add Collaborators modal will not allow you to change collaborators' account roles. Use the Account page to change account roles.
You can return to your homepage whenever you wish by clicking the dscout logo in the top left corner of the screen.
Next, learn about creating a new project.