With the playlist editor built directly into the dscout platform, you can compile and edit your videos and clips into a cohesive playlist and share them directly with your stakeholders and collaborators — without ever leaving dscout.
Note: at this time Playlists are only available for subscription accounts. Chat with your Account Manager to learn more!
Editing a playlist
- On the left side of the screen, you’ll see the media queue of all videos or clips you selected. Drag and drop individual recordings in the queue to re-order. You can also duplicate, download, and remove individual recordings from the media queue; removing a recording from the media queue will remove it from your playlist.
- To trim an individual recording:
- Option 1: Select that recording in the media queue on the left or in the timeline editor at the bottom of the screen. Use your cursor to click and drag from either the beginning, or the end of the recording to set the in point (where the recording starts), or out point (where the recording ends) for your edit.
- Option 2: You can also trim a recording via transcript. Click and drag from either end of the transcript to highlight the portion of the text you’re interested in, and dscout will automatically adjust the in point and out point of the recording to match your selection.
- The editing tools visible beneath the video player also function to trim recordings or to allow you to skip around within a recording. Several of these functions have keyboard shortcuts:
- Nudge playhead back (left arrow)
- Play (spacebar)
- In Point (i)
- Split (s)
- Out Point (o)
- Nudge playhead forward (right arrow).
- Use the timeline magnifier in the bottom right corner of the editor to zoom in on the timeline for more precise editing, or to zoom out and see more of your playlist recordings in the timeline.
Rendering a playlist
When you’re done editing your playlist, click the “Render Playlist” button on the left to create a compiled video for sharing or download.
Depending on the length of your playlist, rendering may take up to a few minutes, during which time you will not be able to edit your playlist. Feel free to leave the playlist page while rendering happens.
Note: If you edit your playlist after rendering it, you’ll need to re-render the playlist if you want to share or download the latest version. You'll see the "Render playlist" button update to say "Re-render playlist" after making edits.
Sharing your playlist
You can share your playlist via public share link, or you can download it.
- Share link: Once your playlist is rendered, click “Share” to create a public share link for the compiled video.
- Download: Once your playlist is rendered, click the “Download” icon to download the compiled video as an mp4 file.
Note: Re-rendering your playlist will update the video that users of your share link see. That is, if you make any changes to your playlist and re-render it, the video that users see will change as well.