Diary Mission Onboarding Flow for First-Time Scouts - Scout Profile Not Required
When recruiting from your own pool of participants, you have several options for how to get those participants on to dscout. In this article, we’ll be outlining how to onboard participants via Diary mission, but you can see links to other onboarding flows below:
- Private Screener Onboarding Flow for First-Time Scouts
- Diary Mission Onboarding Flow for First-Time Scouts - Scout Profile Required
When building your Diary mission, you have the option of toggling on Scout Profile Required under the mission’s Specs and Details. This flow will outline the steps external participants will take if that toggle is OFF. If you're hoping to see the flow that outlines the steps external participants will take if that toggle is ON, please check that article out here.
Once you have set up your mission, manually added your Participants [first name, last name, email address], and launched the mission, your participants will go through the following steps to get onboarded on to the dscout platform:
1. Participants will receive an email notification from *firstname.lastname@example.org* that they’ve been invited to a dscout mission
2. Once Participants select *Claim Your Spot* they will be prompted to create a dscout account
4. Participants will then arrive at a webpage that will give them information about the mission
5. Once Participants select *Accept Mission* they will be prompted to review the participation requirements and instructed to download the dscout app
6. Once Participants have downloaded the app and logged in with their dscout credentials, they will see the mission under *In Progress* in the dscout app
Diary Mission Onboarding Flow for Desktop Parts Missions
When external participants are onboarded to a diary mission with Desktop Parts only they will follow the same flows as above but will be prompted to Install dscout for Chrome. They will NOT be required to download the dscout mobile app.