Clips & Playlists Tab
Once you or your Observers have created Clips after your session has finished processing, your clips will be available for you on the Clips & Playlists tab on the Sessions page of your dscout Live mission.
On the page you'll also see the following:
- Search bar to search clips by name or transcript keywords
- Clips that you, other moderators, and observers have made in the Live mission. By default, clips are displayed alphabetically by scout name first, clip name second. You have the option to sort clips by:
- All - all clips that have been made in the Live mission; or
- My Clips - all clips that have been made by you personally
- Creator - choose a moderator or observer from the drop-down list to see the clips that individual person made
- Playlists Panel that will populate with selected clips and Playlists
Clips will have one or more indicators or icons on them for you to reference or interact with:
- Heart - favorite a clip
- Dots (aka 'meatballs') - appears when you hover your mouse over the clip and contains more options on click:
- Configure Screenshare - only available if the clip contains a screen share. This will allow you to configure the screenshare picture-in-picture options prior to adding to a playlist or downloading.
- Download - download the clip
- Time - indicates clip length in the format h:mm
- Blue line - clips that contain a screen share will have a blue line on the bottom of the thumbnail
- Checkbox - for selecting multiple clips to add to a playlist / bulk download
- Clip title
- Scout name
- Clip creator name
Bulk Exporting Clips
To bulk export clips, you'll start by selecting the clips you're interested in downloading by clicking the checkboxes below each clip.
- Select one or more clips to download to your computer
- Click on any clip to preview it before downloading
- Click on the export icon in the upper right-hand corner to open the Bulk Export sidebar:
Once the sidebar is open, you're able to:
- Select all clips
- View Past Exports
- Remove selected clips
- Download the clips you have selected. The system will need a moment to process the export, but after a few moments you'll see a notification with a Download link at the top of your page:
Creating a playlist
To make your playlist, you’ll start by selecting the clips you’re interested in compiling and editing. Note that observers will also have access to creating playlists.
- Select one or more clips to save as a new playlist or add to an existing playlist.
- Click on any clip to preview it before adding to a playlist.
- Note: Any edits made to clips in the playlist editor won't affect the original clip. However, if you make updates to the original clip those updates will be reflected in the playlist.
Editing a playlist
Once you select your videos and save them as a new playlist, you’ll land in the playlist editor where you can view and refine your playlist. Learn more about how to use the playlist editor here!