The Live Manage page
You’ve hand-picked the best scouts, invited them to your mission, and begun preparing for your Live sessions. Now what?
Meet the Manage Page: your center of command for the rest of your Live mission. Manage page now has two views to better support where you are in the research process.
The Manage Table displays a row for each session in your Live mission. Similar to the Diary Manage page, you’ll see rows dedicated to each scout.
These rows include the following helpful information:
This column shows how far along each scout is in the mission process. Statuses can either be Invited, Accepted, Rejected, Scheduled, Recording, Completed, or Closed.
- Invited = The scout has been sent an invitation to the mission.
- Rejected = Scout rejected the invitation.
- Accepted = The scout has accepted the invitation. Scouts can't accept missions without having an account.
- Accepted with Blue Checkmark under Pre-test = Scout has accepted and passed the initial pre-test. Now you can schedule them if you haven't created time slots, or if you have created time slots, the scout can now pick one after passing the pre-test. You can always manually schedule them after they have passed the pre-test.
- Scheduled = Either you have scheduled them (after they passed the pre-test), or they have passed the pre-test and have chosen one of your available time slots.
- Recording = Interview is actively taking place.
- Completed = The session has been completed.
- Closed = The researcher has closed the scout.
Once a scout has been scheduled, this column will show the date and time of their session. If a scout has yet to schedule their session, you’ll see a green “Schedule Now” button.
Note: Using the triangle icon to the right, you are also able to reschedule or cancel a “Scheduled” session, add another session with a “Completed” scout, or close a scout entirely from the Live mission.
This column contains hyperlinks to each scout’s unique session link. Send this link to your scout if they’ve misplaced their invitation email!
This column, similar to the Diary Manage page, allows you to communicate with your scouts via message. The number within the bubble indicates how many messages you two have exchanged.
Here is where you’ll select the moderator from the dropdown menu for each Live session. Any researcher added to the project who is member-level or higher can moderate sessions. You can’t begin or join a session until a moderator has been selected!
Access each individual session in your Live mission by clicking on this button. The button’s appearance changes depending on your role in the project and the session’s status (pre-call, mid-call, post-call).
- The button will be grayed out entirely for all researchers until a moderator has been selected in the Moderator column. Be sure to select a moderator prior to beginning your session.
- If you are the selected Moderator for the session, you will see a “Launch Session” button pre-call.
- If you are not the selected Moderator for the session, you will see a “Join as Observer” button pre- and mid-call. Read more about observers here.
- Once a session has been completed, the button will say “View Session” and link you to the Sessions page of your mission. There, you’ll find the recorded and transcribed version of that particular interview.
The Calendar Tab allows you to easily schedule and reschedule your sessions and visualizes your scheduled sessions in a calendar view.
You can also make changes to your schedule throughout the research project:
- Edit your unscheduled time slots
- Can add, move, and delete unscheduled time slots
- Can't edit past time slots
Once a scout is scheduled, they’ll show up in the calendar left sidebar under “scheduled” and the scheduled session will be visible on the calendar in green.
- Note: scouts can’t be manually scheduled until they pass pre-test - available to them in their mission invite.
Available in the scheduled session card on the calendar - click the copy link icon or click join session (note: you must assign moderator before join session is available)
You can access messages on the calendar tab by:
- Clicking on the message icon that appears when hovering over a scout in the scout list located on the left side of the page
- Clicking on the sidebar icon at the top right of the page. This will open up the messages sidebar, and a scout can then be selected from the scout list.
You can also assign a moderator in the calendar tab by using the drop down on the session card itself.