Viewing a Live Session as a Guest - No Account Needed - Desktop Only
Any person who has received a dscout Live session link and password is able to view an active Live session without needing to create a dscout account. This feature is currently only available for Live Desktop. Here are some things you can expect as a Guest before and during a Live session:
Entering the Live Session
Once you click on the session link that was provided to you, you will be taken to a Join Session page where you will need to enter the Access Code or Password that you set for that session.
Once the Access Code or Password is entered, the Join Session page will update based on the status of the Live session:
If the Live session is over - you will be informed that the interview has already been completed
If the Live session is canceled - you will be informed that the interview has been canceled
If the Live session has not been scheduled - you will be informed that the interview is unscheduled
If the Live session is more than 30 minutes away - you will be informed that the interview is too far in the future to join
If the Live session has started or is scheduled to start within 30 minutes, the Join Session page will prompt you to enter in your first name and last name to join. Don't worry - this will not create a dscout account.
Once you click on the session link you will be taken to a Join Session page. Here you'll be prompted to test your setup before joining. This includes: (1) testing your audio to be sure you can hear the session, (2) testing your firewall to be sure you can join, and (3) testing your network connection to ensure you have a stable internet quality for watching the session.
It's worth noting a few things:
- Guests need to grant audio permissions to join a Live session. No worries, the scout won't hear you! This is so we can ensure you'll be able to hear the Moderator and the Participant.
- Firewall settings may prevent you from joining. Read more about troubleshooting firewall issues here.
- Poor internet quality can have an impact on the overall session quality. Ask your Moderator to turn on Observer Optimization to stabilize the call for 2 or more attendees
Once the Pre-Test concludes, click Join Session as Guest at the bottom of the screen.
During the Live session
- The scout will only see the Moderator and will not know that you are in the session as a Guest
- The Moderator will see that you are viewing the session as a Guest
On the left side of the screen you will see the session clock, the Moderator name and video, as well as the name of the scout and any other attendees that are Guests or Observers.
In the center of the screen you will either see the scout's video by default. If they have started screen sharing then you will see their screen.
After the Live session
Be sure to rate the session and give feedback to dscout on how the session went.