Screener question types
You can ask scouts up to 15 questions in a screener, one of which can prompt scouts to take a picture, and one of which can ask for a video. In addition, you can ask up to 5 pre-written questions asking for basic demographic information.
You can include up to 3 knockout questions to automatically disqualify scouts based on their answer choice. These applicants will be skipped to the end of the screener and marked as a “Poor" fit.
Give scouts a breather or additional context without asking a question.
Ask scouts for up to 1 photo and 1 video in a screener.
- Video (30, 60, or 120 seconds)
- Mixed media: Allow scouts to choose whether they'd like to share a photo or video.
- Screen recording: Ask scouts to record their phone's screen for up to 2 minutes. (Screen recording questions count as a video question).
Ask scouts for an open-ended response.
- 140 characters: Limit scouts to 140 characters for their response.
- No limit: Do not apply a character limit to the question response.
- Single select: Limit scouts to 1 answer option.
- Multiple select: Allow scouts to select multiple answer options.
Turn on "Randomize Choices" to present multiple choice answer options in a random order to scouts. If you use the "Other (Tap to Type)" response option, it will always be anchored at the bottom of the list.
Ask scouts to provide a number. (Be sure to specify the unit in your question prompt).
Provide scouts with a numerical scale for ratings. Scale questions allow you to specify a scale as large as 0-100.
Use our built-in demographic questions to ensure you have this information about your scouts. These questions do not count against the 15-question limit.
- Employment status
- Household composition
- Household income
(These pre-built demographic questions will not be available to you in your mission).